Saturday, March 6, 2010

Taking a vacation to get some work done

It's almost here - VACATION!!  So most folks wouldn't call what I have planned for my 10 days away from the hospital a vacation, but I'm not most folks. :<)

Starting the 16th,  I am going to: plant the greenhouse, move the hens out by the barn, set up the "piggy maternity ward" in the barn, haul sawdust and manure, make my husband at least 4 new shirts and new curtains for my mother, finish revamping our farm website, take lots of pictures, smoke some pork and make some smoked sausage, clean the yellow garage, do the general spring cleanup duties around the farm, play with the horses. Make custard with some of Anders' duck eggs, get the RWHA membership cards out, publish the spring issue of the RWHA newsletter, get some new pics on our facebook page, finish editing the farm videos and get them up on our website and facebook, empty out and clean the new chicken house and cover the floor with 8 inches of sawdust. Mount nest boxes and feeders, build fence, build stalls for the horses and Hazel the cow and her soon to be calf. Oh and take at least 2 long soaks in the tub and finish reading all 4 of the books I have started.... oh and finish pruning the fruit trees and start prepping the garden....

Oh shoot I'm sure I forgot something....

No comments: