Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Great Red Wattle Pork Tasting event

So it was really a family pitchin dinner at my house, but we did do a taste test on all the new flavors of Red Wattle sausage we had made. The folks at This Old Farm Processing did a great job with the five RW's we took to them.

I cooked a package of each kind of sausage: Maple, Low Sodium Sage, Hot Italian and Mild Italian and Brats. The Maple was the hands down winner with the kiddy crowd. While everyone loved the brats. Opinions on the other sausages were as varied as the people tasting them. I'm looking forward to making some homemade pizza this week with the Italian sausage.

I grilled a couple of ham steaks so we could try them as well. The unanimous decision was - delicious! Earlier in the day we had sampled some of the bacon for lunch. It was so good I just couldn't stop eating it!

And the best part of all - the processing is All Natural. No MSG. No nitrates except for those that occur naturally in celery juice powder.

We have lots of RW pork in the freezer. Call Brian to place your order: 812-521-1063 I can't wait to hear how you like it.

1 comment:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Yes, we two believe the best pork is the Red Wattle pork. Your post has prompted me to try some more sausage variations. Must talk to the locker plant !