Friday, April 23, 2010

Baking day- making a tradition

My great grandmother and my grandmother and my mother taught me to bake bread,   rolls, pastries, cookies, and pies. I loved spending time in their kitchens when I was little. So this week I decided to carry on that tradition of passing down cooking skills and recipes by starting a baking day with my daughter, Lydia and Anders' fiance, Emily. So Thursday we got together in my kitchen.
I especially enjoyed holding Joel, Emily's baby, while she was cooking. :<) 
This is Lydia enjoying holding Joel while I do some baking.

and this is Emily rolling out Pita bread. At the end of the day we had 4 loaves of bread, Pita bread, Penuche bars, Hearts of Darkness Brownies, pizza dough. The pizza dough we divided up and put in the freezer. For supper we brought in the pork Brian had been smoking all day. We threw together a 3 bean salad, and warmed up a hashbrown casserole. My kids and their families all around our dinner table.

1 comment:

The Jorgensen Family said...

It was definitely fun. My family loved the chops I took home and the brownies too! I'm looking forward to this Thursday!